Friday, March 25, 2005


This week has gone well so far and my Blood pressure has stayed down so far.  We found out today that the new c-section date has been set for April 4th.  This is assuming that when I check in with the Dr both Monday and Wednesday that all stays well.  I have also been cleared to go to church on Sunday.  So all is well and we will keep you updated.  Hopefully we will not need to update this again until we meet her.

Sunday, March 20, 2005


As most of you know, I got to go to the hospital again on Friday due to high blood pressure. This time, I got to stay for two days. After many tests, they have concluded that I have pregnancy-induced high blood pressure. There is now a plan set in motion with a couple of scenarios. If I were to go back into the hospital in the next week, I will be on hopitalized bedrest. After 37 weeks we will do an amnio, and if the lungs are developed, they will take the baby. After 38 weeks, they'll just take the baby. At this point, however, it looks like I will possibly have my C-Section on April 1st or 4th, but we will have a better idea this Friday. We will let you know as soon as we know. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005


I had a Doctor's appointment today and was informed that if my blood pressure continues to creep up to the 150 range that I would probably have to have a amniocenteses to check on the baby's lung development.  If it is good then they would probably take her sooner than planned at this point.  The do not at all want me to go into labor at this point also because they are worried that this would be very stressful on the baby, the placenta, and my uterus.  So if any contractions start showing up we will also be meeting her early.  We will continue to keep you all updated.  On another note we wanted to ask that when the time does come to meet this precious wonder that all visits except from our parents and siblings that they could wait till the day after the baby is born.  We know that at this point I will be in the hospital for 4 nights and the first day is really hard on me with being so drugged up that I don't remember much from that day.

Friday, March 11, 2005


We had another fun trip to the Hospital tonight.  The ride there was more worrisome than the actual visit.  It took us almost 1 1/2 hours to make the 40 min trip due to the horrible snow storm we got from 10:30pm-1:30am.  After the fun ride we found that my blood pressure had dropped some and wasn't as scary.  We were very happy to know that but then I stated to have some good size contractions due to being dehydrated.  After they got a bag of water in my blood stream I was all better and sent home to spend the weekend on the couch.

Friday, March 4, 2005


Today we had another appointment and found out that I have to go in 2x a week for non-stress tests until she comes. Along with the non-stress test I have to have the baby's amniotic fluid index checked once a week.  This is done by ultrasound.  I guess we will be seeing a ton of her from now on.   This is due to my high blood pressure episode and it staying a little higher than it was two weeks ago.  I also have been told to do more resting than doing.  On a neat note they had to check on the baby's growth and she is still a she :).  Below are a few pictures from that session.  The 3-D picture of her is really great.  We also saw some great face shots from the normal ultrasound.  She is definitely going to have Maddie's chubby cheeks.  As per this ultrasound everything looked great including her amniotic fluid index.

Tuesday, March 1, 2005


Today we had a bit of scare and I had to go to the hospital with a bit of high blood pressure.  There was really no explanation for the sudden increase except that I may be pushing myself too hard.  Imagine that me pushing myself too hard with a 2 1/2 year old in the house :).  I haven't been put on bed rest yet but relaxing more than ever.  We will know more about what this all means for baby and me on Friday at the doctors.  We will keep you all updated.  Who knows we may meet this little girl a little early.  We are just praying for 2 1/2 more weeks because I will then be 36 weeks along and pretty much considered full term.